Out of Character (OOC) Expectations
- No OOC cussing is allowed
- We have monthly activity checks in the forums. All you need to do with the checks will be to post in the thread provided. If you do not post in the activity check thread, then your account will be deleted and your character removed from the site. I will save all deleted bios, and you may resume your position in the roleplay if you return, unless your inactivity was excessive.
- We promote a cheerful, friendly, non-judgmental community. Therefore, discrimination, harassment of any kind, plagiarism of anyone’s created ideas or artwork, stalking, and trolling is prohibited. We have a no-tolerance policy. If anyone displays these behaviors in extreme, they will be suspended from the website until or if the Admin believes the offender has matured. A second offense will result in a non-reversible ban from the site. Warnings will be given only if the offense is minor.
- Have fun guys! We will have a lot of games and contests as the site grows, and we would love for you to be a part of them.
- Members are allowed to create two characters without having to pay for them with Shells at the site’s shop. However, unless additional characters are purchased from the store, members may play only one wolf character and only one human character. This is to prevent one species from being flooded with characters. Joining members- please create only one account at a time. Wait for your first account to be accepted before creating a second account. Members aren’t required to have two accounts.
General In Character (IC) Expectations
- This is a realistic, semi-literate roleplay. As such, roleplayers are expected to create posts with correct grammar. No text speak is allowed.
- There is a 7 sentence minimum requirement for all posts. A one word statement such as “Yo,” does not count as a sentence. If your post contains less than the minimum, you will be asked to expand your post. Just think about what can be added! Details in the surroundings, in the feelings of your character, in their observation and thoughts of other characters, etc. are all good places to start.
- Do not begin role playing until your biography has been accepted.
- Liquid time is not allowed. That is, your character can only be in one thread at a time. If you wish to move your character to another thread, please state that you are doing so in your post.
- God-modding and powerplaying is a definite no. These terms are both when someone will play another’s character without permission (see examples below). Also, god-modding and power playing can occur when someone’s character unnaturally reads the thoughts or feelings of others. There may be a lot of fighting scenes in this roleplay due to its nature, and this is where god-modding and powerplaying really become an issue.
- Ex. of power playing: Fred attacked Billy with much anger. Fred grabbed Billy by the scruff, tossed him to the ground, and laughed when Billy whined. *This is a bad post because Fred never gave Billy time to react to the attack, and Fred inserted that Billy had whined. Billy can only whine if Billy says that he whined!
- Non power playing example: Fred attacked Billy with much anger. He lunged and grabbed Billy, throwing his weight into Billy to hopefully push him off balance.
- No member can kill off the character of another member without their permission.
- No Mary Sue characters. This means, no perfect characters, please. Every character has its weaknesses. Additionally, this means no supernatural strength, hearing abilities, scenting abilities, climbing abilities, hunting abilities, or otherwise! Again, this is a realistic roleplay, so let’s keep the abilities of our characters realistic.
- Do not double post. Also, do not post an OOC (Out of Character) post in IC threads. Those posts will be deleted.
- Mention the other characters that your character is interacting with within your post or at the end of your post.
- No overly graphic scenes! Mating should be kept to a fade-out style (See Mates and Reproduction). No overly drawn out, gory descriptions. Yes, there will be fighting, but let’s not be grossly morbid about it.
- IC cussing will be allowed in very small amounts. Do not use it extensively, it is not attractive nor appropriate in excess in any case.
- Do not play characters that are not your own. For instance, you cannot bring in a fictional ‘shadow’ character to aid you in your venture. A good example of this is hunting. Admin will roleplay any large game animals during a hunt. Members are not allowed to play them.
- Wolves and humans are different species. As such, they cannot understand each other's language. If a human speaks around a wolf, a wolf will not be able to understand the human. Oppositely, a human won't be able to understand a wolf.
- Both wolves and humans have to really work to take down prey, and not every hunt is successful! This is key to remember.
- Prey will fall under one of two categories: Small game and Large game. Small game can be roleplayed by any member and will not require the Admin’s permission. Just keep in mind, not many small game hunts are successful, especially during sparse winters. Large game hunts will require the Admin’s permission and three or more characters are required to participate in the hunt. The Admin will determine whether the hunt was successful and will play the large game animals. No member is allowed to roleplay large game.
Mates and Reproduction
- There is a ‘breeding season’ for both the tribe and the wolf pack. Both babies and puppies will be created in the fall and born in the Spring. For now, there is no exception to this rule.
- Graphic details in mating and birthing are strictly prohibited. Some details during early labor will be okay, but for both mating and birthing, a fade out is required. The best way to describe this is through an example.
- Ex: Lily knew it was time for her pups to be born. She squeezed herself into the den and began labor…. One hour later, 4 healthy puppies were suckling at her belly.
- Any baby/pup can be adopted out beyond those roleplaying the parents. There is a thread for that.
-Wolf Mate and Reproduction Rules
- In a real wolf pack, the alpha pair is often the sole mating pair in the pack. We will loosely follow this rule. During a scarce, harsh year, only the alpha pair will be allowed to mate. During a plentiful year, one or two other females may be allowed to breed with BOTH the Admin’s permission and the alpha’s permission IC. NOTE: Any pack female may breed, no matter the year. HOWEVER, if they have not been given permission by the alpha, there is a high likelihood that the female alpha will either kill any puppies that aren’t hers or exile a pregnant female from the pack. This rule may change in the future as the pack grows, but for now, this is what goes.
- Peripherals are allowed to breed with either pack members or other Peripherals. However, Peripherals are frowned upon by the alphas and will be chased off/seriously harmed if caught courting one of the pack females. The pack female may also be punished for being part of that courtship. Keep in mind that raising pups without a pack is very hard to do!
- Because this is a roleplay, and not a real wolf pack, any pack wolf will be allowed to form a relationship and claim a mate without any consequence IC. Having pups is the only issue. And as always, Peripherals are allowed to claim mates as well.
- All pup litters must be announced to the Admin. Using a randomizing calculator, the Admin will determine whether the breeding will be successful, how many puppies will be possible in the litter, and the possible coat colors. They will also determine how many pups will die or be stillborn. In the wild, not all puppies will make it through a season. Therefore, to stay realistic, not all roleplay puppies will make it either. It is up to the roleplayer to decide the pup’s genders, what pups they play, and who they want to die off.
-Human Mate and Reproduction Rules
- Humans have a lot less rules. Any member in the tribe will be allowed to find a husband/wife and have children. One still needs to get permission from the Admin, though not really from the Umialik. The only thing that the Admin will decide is if the baby will die within its first months or not.
Site Currency (Shells)
- Historically, the Inuit people never used a currency. Whatever items they owned were the items they made, caught, or were generously given. In the roleplay, that will be how the humans interact economically. However, there is a site-wide, made up currency called Shells, which you can earn and use OOC to purchase special items from the site shop. Special items will range anywhere from a third character, to an unusual or rare item that your character can wear or own.
- Shells can be earned by participating in some site events and contests. NOTE: I am well aware that many members may rather roleplay a wolf compared to a human. So, for an incentive for all of you, you will get a 'subsidy' if you roleplay a human. Every time you post for your human character, you will earn 2 Shells automatically. Posting for wolf characters will not earn you any Shells. This is not to discourage wolf roleplayers, only to give you motivation to expand and try out playing an Inuit character :)